[Conquest for Hope]

Believe in beauty [and beauty shall prevail.]

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Hit the Road Blues

In my 19 short years on this planet,
I have seen a great many things;
my dreams have come true right before me
and my dreams have shattered
like a frail vertebrae.
This tired heart has bore witness
to far too many tragedies;
behind these cold eyes
lie images of too much pain
and too much suffering.
[I have found beauty in the darkness--]
but I have also found depths of despair
inside even the most radiant beauty.
Beneath this calloused soul
lies a desperate, fervent passion--
[to create]
[to build]
[to eradicate pain]
and the destructive forces
that are taking over our delicate world.
I cannot save the world
I cannot even save my self
because of fear-- or apathy--
I can no longer tell the difference.
To keep this facade of stoicism
is the only defense I know--
lest my soul be captured
by the dark forces of despair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home