[Conquest for Hope]

Believe in beauty [and beauty shall prevail.]

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Another Goodbye on the List

it's just another goodbye on the list
it's just another friend who will be missed...
the ghosts of my haunted past
raged war against the angels at my door;
they saw what everyone else had seen
and shook their heads in surrender, retreating.
my heart sadly sighed and whispered
that i should listen more closely next time;
for the same words never take on new meaning
and as the battle rages on alone,
the battle must be fought alone.
so i will just mask my tears yet again,
i will smile like this isn't goodbye;
please know that i would have made it,
i could have been who you thought i would be
i just needed a little more time...
but i understand, and i know it--
it's always the same old lines.
it's another friend who i'll always love,
but it's still just another goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home