[Conquest for Hope]

Believe in beauty [and beauty shall prevail.]

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Born Ready

If there's one thing that I know,
it's the beauty that surrounds us.
We should be so fortunate
that we have eyes;
we should be so brave
as to open them!
In your voice on the line
I hear a smile and return it;
in your words, in your tone
there is beauty;
I can feel you by my side,
breathing the same air
and sharing my laughter.
I sit by my window and I can hear
the rain falling on the ground outside.
For just a moment, I am free again--
sixteen again--
outside, barefoot in the pouring rain...
You come with me, take my hand--
we are young, we are free, we are b e a u t i f u l...
my body against yours, dancing together
on reflections of light off the water
the water falling from the sky,
the water is falling from our eyes...
I am wrapped up, cozy in my blanket
the warmth of winter,
the heat of snow;
you are sprawled on the floor,
head on your arms
sleeping in peace--
I am thankful for this b e a u t y...
for this time, for your love--
even though now
your love is in the past,
I am thankful for this b e a u t y...
It took me my life to learn--
how to open my eyes
that I am fortunate
that this beauty has always existed
and, undoubtedly,
always will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home